Saturday, August 4, 2012

Food Thoughts

So, I wanted to start this weekend's blog with what we eat. I think one of our biggest issues in this country deals with quality, not quantity. The quality of food, or lack there of, that we are putting in our bodies is one of the biggest problems that Americans are facing when it comes to obesity and other health related issues. Did you know that the majority of the food Americans buy is highly processed with unnecessary added sugar, fat, and salt?  Have you ever heard someone say, "It's my life, I'll eat what I want, and my food choices aren't hurting anyone"? But in fact what they eat is jeopardizing not only their health, and the health of the planet and everyone else.  Katie and I have recently started to try and eat organic, locally grown and raised vegetables, fruit and meats.  Part of our inspiration for this way of eating has come from a few food documentaries that we have watched and recommend to everyone. And no, this doesn't mean that we have become hippy-yogi-vegans who judge and condemn those who don't share our same views. We still enjoy life and all it's splendor...trust me :) We are just trying to make some responsible, healthy choices to improve our quality of life and the quality of the lives of those around us. Our goal of writing this is only to provide some insight and tools for education. So in saying that, here is a list of food documentaries that we've seen so far and would suggest you view.  They can be found on either Netflix, Hulu or YouTube.

Forks over Knives
Fresh
Food Matters
Food, Inc.
Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead
Vegucated
Ingredients
Dirt, The Movie




Big K & Lil K

1 comment:

  1. Hello Guys! I just watched the movies Fork over Knives and Fat, Sick, and Nearly dead on Hulu this week and I have learned a lot. Thanks for the movie list and I look forward to watch the other movies on the list over the next couple of months. Thanks again and keep the great posts coming :) -Mari

    ReplyDelete